Future plans & dreams...


Photographs like this one remind me that I'd love to take pictures. It's my "one day..." dream to learn how to use my camera properly (instead of winging it and experimenting), and if I could, the pictures I'd take would be a bit like this. Dreamy and pretty with filtered light and a good dose of whimsy. Well, I don't suppose they'd all be like this, but it's a feeling that I adore. 


Sofia Coppola captured it perfectly in The Virgin Suicides - that almost ethereal quality...



...and then while I was looking at Sofia's pictures, I found these ones by Sophie van der Perre...




This last one is my favourite, the smoking girl. It's such a contradiction, she looks so naive and pure, but she's smoking...


Making things is what I love to do. I could do it all day every day. For my job I make things and then I source all the elements that go in the shots to make those things pretty - in a way, I make pictures of the things I made. I love it. I'd really like one day to be able to take the pictures of the pictures that I make... 
I guess once the boys are a bit older I might be inspired to toddle myself off to camera school. Maybe. Or maybe it'll just stay my dream. Do you think everyone has a secret dream of that something that would make them so happy to be able to do? I think we have to - it's what keeps us going, trying to move forward. Have you got one? Do you plan to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...