This is what we'll be having for breakfast tomorrow morning. We have the same thing every saturday. We simply call it "special". Once you taste it you'll understand.
To feed a family of four you'll need:
*8 slices of wholemeal bread sliced for toast
*3 large or 4 small eggs - lightly beaten
*2 tablespoons of butter
1. Melt half the butter in a large pan.
2. Dip your bread into the egg mix and let it soak up a little.
3. Gently place eggy bread into pan and cook both sides until golden.
4. Spread jam onto one side of each slice and make sandwiches.
5. Cut into shapes and serve with a dusting of icing sugar.
On extra special days we use cookie cutters to make stars and hearts. This is a real winner when the boys are sick. No matter how bad the appetite, they'll always eat this...