Random: A perfect king amongst men

image via 

"Getting through the mid stage of your life with your dignity and judgment in tact can be somewhat precarious and sometimes all you need is a bit of gentle reassurance to keep on track. I don’t know if this qualifies as gentle reassurance, but right now this is all that stands between me and a Harley Davidson. I owe a very great debt to my supernaturally talented fellow cast members, my exquisite no-nonsense Queen Helena, and my wayward royal older brother Guy. Geoffrey Rush and Tom Hooper, my two other sides of a surprisingly robust triangle of man-love, somehow moved forward in perfect formation for the last year and a half or so. Tom with his scorching intelligence and Geoffrey who has now become my true friend and geisha girl. David Sidler, I know the value of longevity in my relationships, Harvey Weinstein has made an improbable number of good films. We have had 20 years together, which is not bad going for a showbiz marriage. Thank you, Harvey. But the very best thing of all has been Livia, [his wife] and all the beautiful things she’s given me and I think I can cope with just about any age as long as I can still see her.”
Colin Firth's acceptance speech for Best Actor on sunday night...

Such wonderful words. Too good not to share (in case you missed them).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...