The house you HAVE to see/Hommage to a craft maniac

Here's a funny story for you - last night while I was trawling (read: wasting time on) Pinterest, I stumbled across this gorgeous room. Naturally, being such a sweet rainbow space I pinned it immediately to show it to you... The funny part is coming... 
When I went to the source to check it out (because it's a really groovy little NZ blog called Mousehouse - you should have a look at it!). To my surprise, what I found was that this stunning room isn't a room at all - it's a dollhouse! Not any dollhouse I've ever seen I'll tell you that much! Take a look...

Details in this place are paramount. The roof and exterior walls are painted in the exact same shades as the actual house the family live in... 

Here's the master bedroom (it's nicer than my bedroom people!)

The bathroom... (Note the stunning papered feature wall! I think I want to live here...)

Oh my giddy aunt - there's a craft room...

Orla Kiely in the kitchen! (This woman is a crafting maniac! I think I love her!)

AND it even has electricity!!!! (That's it - I'm moving in - Megan, I'll be needing your address please!)
Now let me tell you, there are many more rooms! You haven't seen the pink bedroom! The living room! And you need to witness the entrance hall! Megan has even posted comparison shots to their corresponding "real" rooms. This is one of my favourite blog post finds of all time. You must have a look here to get the whole story. Megan, I am in awe of you. You've done the most incredible job and Amelie is one lucky little lady. 

1 comment:

  1. ha! I've had a few people say they can't tell if that's a real room or not! i saw that a few people had pinned that pic for the butterfly wallpaper and I was wondering if they realised it was just scrap booking paper! Thanks heaps for your kind words, my hubby definitely thinks I am a crafting maniac!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...