Pressed metal decorating

If you've been paying as much attention to Dale and Sophie on Ch9's The Block as I do, you would also have noticed this week, a small snippet of the couple shopping for pressed tin panels for their kitchen splashback (which immediately restored Sophie's status in my mind to creative genius). I think it will look amazing and can't wait for Sunday nights room reveals. (Though I have to add that I'll be waiting to see how those herbs are going to drain planted in those cute blackboard labelled jars she's made????)

But back to pressed metal... It did bring back to mind though the pressed metal feature wall in Nina's old apartment from Ch10's show, Offspring (there is a small possibility I watch too much TV yes). Do you remember it?


I loved it immediately. And not long ago, Home Beautiful ran a trend page about it too...


So even though traditionally, as we all know, pressed metal goes on the ceiling like this....


There's nothing to say you can't put it on the wall in your kitchen like this...


Though I lean towards thinking that Dale and Sophie's kitchen will be much more stylish than that example and feel a bit more like this....


Either way, I want to use some... now. Love it! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I saw this and loved the idea immediately! Cant wait to see what they do with it. I am going to have to watch Offspring, people keep going on and on about the house! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see Soph n Dales Kitchen.. think the boys could be good too but it looks a bit skinny to work REALLY well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pressed tin panels are awesome I bought mine from http://www.pressedtinpanels.com for a feature wall, loved the block last week and Sophie's and Dales kitchen

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...