Messy but fun activity for the kiddos

This is what I got up to today with the boys. We made what I prefer to call Chalk Paint. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it's a super-easy little recipe with stuff you've probably already got in your pantry. The boys got involved from the get-go and helped mix up the paint, adding the food colouring and mixing it all together. Being slightly OCD about the whole thing I put each colour paint into a corresponding coloured bowl (small things like this make me happy - I think it's a sense of order amidst the chaos thing), and we got to painting. Each boy was armed with a paintbrush and things escalated from demure little painting strokes to flicking huge sprays of paint around the yard on the pavers fairly quickly! It kept them busy and happy for almost an hour before the paint and clean paver space ran out and we had to find clean clothes...

Definitely one that's worth a go if you've got a sunny day and some patience for a mess up your sleeve. Best part is, being all natural ingredients it all washes away with the rain or a hose! Sigh, Pinterest does it again! I've just started a new board called TeachMe with a few of these kinds of activities on it if you're interested in having a look...
**Something I should mention is that I made a much bigger batch than the recipe calls for. As soon as I looked at the recipe I knew it wouldn't keep them busy for long so I upped my quantities to 1 cup Cornflour, 2 cups Water and colouring. I recommend you go lighter on the water if you change the proportions. The more watery the mix the less visible it is when it's wet. Though once it dries - wow! Good luck! x

2 comments:

  1. It hasn't left any marks on my brick coloured pavers - though it's taken a couple of go's with the hose to get rid of the flour residue completely. Certainly worth the fun it created...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...