First I have to tell you two things.
1. I stumbled across this list on an American site The Stir, so a couple of things are a bit un-Australian. And 2. The list is actually 50 perks long! As much as I agree there are lots of perks, possibly hundreds, or even thousands, I didn't feel the need to post them all. If you're really needing an extra 25 good bits to dwell on this weekend dear mother, just click here for the rest...
1. Always have an excuse for being late.
2. Never have to provide an explanation for what's smeared on your black pants (because no one really wants to know ...).
3. You're proficient in doing at least four things at once.
4. Never pay for hugs (well, most the time).
5. Be two places at once. Obviously.
6. Low blood pressure? Never a problem.
7. "Oh, sorry, I can't make your [insert lame candle, jewelry, Tupperware, scrapbooking, etc.] party -- you know, that's right at bedtime and all ..."
8. Finally know for sure that your parents didn't know squat.
9. But also know that knowing squat must be perfectly awesome because you turned out okay.
10. There's always someone to fetch the remote control. And sit on your cold feet.
11. Fear of oversleeping -- puh-lease!
12. "I love you, Mommy."
13. That first belly laugh.
14. There's always someone to blame.
15. "Mommy better go through your [insert Halloween, Easter, Valentine] candy alone in the kitchen, and make sure it's safe."
16. You can always find a teen-aged stand-in for just $10/hour.
17. Inflatable backyard pools!
18. Win every argument with your husband by saying, "Yeah, but I gave birth."
19. Funny Home Videos.
20. Slip 'n' slides.
21. Nachos for dinner! Again!
22. Mom blogs.
23. That first base hit. (Let's go with a try instead huh?)
24. Finally, a reason to learn about sabertooth tigers.
25. Someone's always happy to see you.