Nursery inspiration - Hello Yellow!

I guess deep down I must be a bit of a purist, though I hate to admit it! Usually the thought of anything but natural neutrals, pink or blue for baby's first space sends me into a panic. I recall a relative decking out their first arrival's room in a ghastly shade of bright spearmint green (think the likes of an '80's tennis outfit), which gave me a headache... And they wondered why they used to need to drive their babies to the rural outskirts of Sydney to settle them most nights!

BUT, in saying all that, this real room featured on Inspiration for Decoration has hit a colour happiness chord with me. Have a look and see what you think...
Loving the Jenny Lind cot, sunshine rug, pelmet-style decorative cornice

Loving the Eames rocker, decorative yellow drawer handles, Bianca Hall style print and duck-egg blue contrasting desk chair... And don't forget the lampshade! Divine!

Those drawer handles are a stunning and easy way to dress up a so-so piece of old furniture. Have a look here and here for a gorgeous selection of knobs to dress up your own piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks for visiting.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...